Definitions Used in the Office of Dam Safety's Electronic File
1 - HIGH HAZARD 1 - LARGE SIZE 1 = GOOD A = Hydraulic adequacy 9. Inspector: Personnel Initials/Consultant
1. State Identification Number: This is a series of numbers used by the Massachusetts Highway Department to identify the specific dam structure.
First number: MASSACHUSETTS DISTRICT NUMBER
Second Number: MASSACHUSETTS COUNTY NUMBER
Third Number: MASSACHUSETTS CITY/TOWN NUMBER
Fourth Number: MASSACHUSETTS DAM STRUCTURE NUMBER
2. National Identification Number: This number used by the Army Corp. of Engineers to identify a specific dam structure.
3. Hazard Number: definitions enclosed
2 - SIGNIFICANT HAZARD
3 - LOW HAZARD
4. Size Number: definitions enclosed
2 - INTERMEDIATE SIZE
3 - SMALL SIZE
4 - NON-JURISDICTIONAL
5. Owner Type: 10-19: private ownership
20-29: municipal ownership
30-39: state agency ownership
40-49: federal ownership
50: utility ownership (hydro electric generation facility)
6. Last Inspection Date: Date of last physical inspection by consultant or ODS engineer.
7. Letter: This is a number/letter system used by this office to cursory indicate overall dam condition.
2 = FAIR
3 = POOR
4 = UNSAFE
B = Hydraulic inadequacy
8. Phases: DEM and ARMY CORP past reports: Y = yes, N = no.
1 - HIGH HAZARD
1 - LARGE SIZE
1 = GOOD
A = Hydraulic adequacy
9. Inspector: Personnel Initials/Consultant